Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Who doesn’t love a good stuffed mushroom? Then why not have them for dinner? It is a main course that can be a little lighter and great way to add extra vegetables into the rotation.
|4||Portobello Mushrooms Gills removed & stems chopped|
|2 tsp||Olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Leeks, sliced White part only|
|1 cup||Siwin Foods Ham & Garlic Sausage, chopped|
|1/4 cup||Chicken Broth|
|3||Garlic cloves, minced|
|3/4 - 1 cup||Bread crumbs|
|1 cup||Swiss cheese, finely grated Divided|
|2-3 tbsp||Butter, melted|
- Preheat the oven to 350ºf
- Brush outsides of mushrooms with oil and place on a parchment lined baking sheet with the opening up. Brush the inside of the mushrooms with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat the second amount of oil in a fryingpan on medium heat. Add the leeks and chopped mushrooms stems. Cook for 5 about minutes, until soft. Add the salt and pepper and stir for one minute. Next add the sausage and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Add the broth to deglaze the pan and stir off any of the brown bits from the bottom of pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. About 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bread crumbs, ¾ cup of cheese, and the melted butter. Spoon the sausage mixture into the Portobello mushrooms. Sprinkle evenly the remaining cheese on top of the mushrooms.
- Bake the mushrooms in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.