Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
This is a classic football food that everyone wants when at home watching the game. Especially playoffs! These warm, cheesy, delicious bites won’t last long when serving so you should make a double batch. Don’t forget to serve with some ranch dressing for dipping.*
|12||Jalapenos, halved and seeded|
|8 oz||Cream Cheese, softened|
|3/4 cup||Siwin Foods Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage, finely diced|
|1/2 cup||Cheddar Cheese, grated|
|3||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1||Diced Green Chilies, 4 oz. can, drained|
|Oil for frying|
- Combine cream cheese, sausage, cheddar, garlic, and jalapenos together. Spoon mixture into a piping bag or into a large re-sealable freezer bag. Close and snip off a corner end if using. Pipe cream cheese mixture into the fresh jalapenos halves. Or spoon cream cheese mixture into jalapeno halves.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in one bowl. Whisk milk and egg in another bowl. Put the breadcrumbs into a separate shallow dish.
- Dip jalapenos in the flour, then the milk and finally into the bread crumbs making sure it is all coated. (To make sure the jalapeno is coated re-dip in the milk and back into the breadcrumbs.)
- Heat oil in a deep skillet on medium-high heat, about 350ºƒ. Fry jalapenos for a few 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through or until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Let cool slightly and serve
- *Our Lemon Ranch Bacon and Cheddar Grilled Vegetable Salad recipe has a great ranch dressing to use for dipping!