Something fun! You don’t always need a barbecue or fire pit to enjoy Siwin’s delicious hotdogs. This is a great treat for kids of all ages. Don’t forget the ketchup!
|8||Siwin Singaporean Sausages|
|1 cup||All purpose Flour|
|1 tbsp||Baking Soda|
|1/2 tsp||Crushed Chili Flakes, (optional)|
|1 1/2 cups||Buttermilk|
|1||Large Egg, beaten|
|8||Thick wooden skewers or take out chopsticks|
|Vegetable oil for deep frying|
- In a large bowl add the first 6 ingredients. Stir until well combined. Make a well in the center of the cornmeal mixture and add the buttermilk, the egg and the honey. Stir until batter is well combined. It should have the consistency of thick pancake batter. Pour batter into one or two tall drinking glass, and let the batter sit for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Make sure the hot dogs are dry, insert the skewers lengthwise, leaving about a 3inch handle.
- Heat oil to 350ºf in a large pot or deep fryer according to manufacturers instructions.
- Dip skewered hot dogs into batter until all coated, carefully trying not to get batter onto the skewers. Remove slowly, allowing excess to drip off.
- Deep fry in batches for 3-5 minutes turning once while cooking. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, hot sauce or any of your favourite condiments.