Buttermilk Potstickers with Cheese Sauce
These crispy buttermilk battered dumplings are a real treat! They are easy to make from scratch and a great game day snack or really anytime. Serve with them with cheese dip or standard potsticker dip.
|1 package||Siwin Pork & Vegetable Potstickers (thawed)|
|1 cup||All purpose flour|
|1 cup||Rice flour|
|1 tbsp||Dry mustard|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 cup||Stout or dark beer|
|3 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|Vegetable oil for deep frying|
|1||Small onion finely chopped|
|5||Garlic cloves minced|
|1/4 cup||All purpose flour|
|2 cups||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|2 cups||Monterrey Jack cheese, grated|
- In a large bowl add the first 7 ingredients. Stir until well combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Mix in the buttermilk, beer and Dijon mustard. Stir until batter is well combined. It should have the consistency of pancake batter
- Heat oil to about 400ºf in a pot or deep fryer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Dip the potstickers into the batter. Remove slowly, allowing excess to drip off.
- Deep fry in batches for 2-5 minutes turning once while cooking. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt, if wanted, and serve immediately.
- In a large pot melt the butter on medium low. Add the onions and cook until softened. About 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the flour. Stir to combine. Cook for about 3-6 minutes, stirring constantly, allowing the flour taste to cook out.
- Add the milk, which has been warmed on a separated burner, slowly about ½ a cup at time whisking constantly. After the all the milk has been added continue to cook the milk mixture, stirring frequently, until it as thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and slowly add in the cheese, stirring constantly. Add about ½ a cup at a time until all the cheese has been melted and incorporated in.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.